The Bradford Abbas Pre-School (BAPS) was established over 50 years ago in April 1967 following the development of new houses in the village, this prompted a group of mums to advertise in the local paper to generate some interest.
To begin with the setting was run by volunteers however with changing government legislation the pre-school employed staff and developed its services. There are many people still living in the village who have been part of the pre-school over the years, all having various memories and stories to tell.
Today the main aim of the pre-school is to meet the needs of the community by providing quality services for children under five and their families.
The pre-school still relies heavily on volunteers being managed by a committee that are elected annually at the Annual General Meeting. Members are elected from users of the pre-school. Under our constitution the committee elect a Chair, Treasurer, Secretary and up to nine other voting members. Committee meetings are held monthly. The meetings are always advertised in the pre-school and all users are welcome to attend and put forward any suggestion or concerns they may have.
The role of the committee is to be responsible for the strategic planning of the pre-school, including meeting current legislation, employment, finances and fundraising, and ensuring the pre-school is running according to our constitutions aims and objectives.
Our Mission Statement
To provide positive experiences for our children in a safe, secure, happy and stimulating environment. We aim to enrich their lives and their learning through play within a relaxed atmosphere and we welcome our children and their families into our organisation, valuing everyone’s needs as individuals.
- Provide high quality care and education for children below statutory school age.
- Work in partnership with parents to help children to learn and develop.
- Add to the life and well-being of the local community.
- Offer children and their parents a service that promotes equapty and values diversity.
- Ensure the preschool is fully inclusive in meeting the needs of all children, from their ethnic heritage, social and economic background, gender, ability or disability provide links to local schools.
- Provide links to local schools.